Answering To The Demands Of The Real Estate Industry With Better Features & Modules
The competition among real estate agents, brokerages, home builders & presale marketers intensified in 2022. Regardless of industry activities and interest rates, the battle for market share among sales professionals is ongoing, and so are Brixwork’s efforts to keep up with industry demands.
Our real estate website system upgrades across 2021 were focused mainly on improved speed & more frequent MLS® integration, which resulted in:
- Better appearance on Google with more up-to-date listing data
- More popular real estate board (Kamloops, Penticton & Kelowna) optimized
- Faster page load time of MLS® listings
. . .
Structural & Security Upgrades On the Brixwork Website Cloud
Our real estate specific website architecture with real estate specific features is, of course, one of our utmost priorities to continue improving. Here are just a few of the most notable improvements made throughout 2022, further to the numerous website system upgrades we completed throughout 2020:
- Better city/neighbourhood guides: dramatic improvements & bug fixes to multi-level subpage functionality were launched! Check out the Vancouver & North Shore Communities guide on Filer & Welch’s Website, as well as Ken Stef’s Vancouver Westside Real Estate & Lifestyle guide.
- Kelowna & Penticton area MLS® sync module upgraded to better filter Waterfront properties, and neighbourhood resources/guides fetch module upgraded for better filtration by city/area.
- Numerous bug fixes & redundancy reduction for better tandem operation of our true WordPress blogs in conjunction with Brixwork.
- Fourplex property type added to Kelowna MLS® (CREA DDF®).
- Fixed social media share widget widths to keep up with new size regulations from Facebook/Twitter.
- Better alt tags on sold banners, static Google Maps™ image blocks for better SEO.
- Building/Presale module upgraded to filter by short-term rental allowance, minimum bedrooms & price point.
- Sub-building merger module bug fixed for multi-building stratas.
- Better handling & removal of building/presale feature lists for a cleaner user interface & avoid redundancies.
- Better alt image tags on feature images for pages, listings & buildings for a more robust presence on Google.
- URL slug on non-listing pages improved for better keyword optimization. Static Google Maps™ module bug fixes.
- MLS® search parameter display module overhauled for much more robust information exchange for both humans and Google bots. Check out this Capitol Hill (Burnaby) 3+ bed Houses under $2.24M search result page.
- Database interaction modules improved for both manual listing entries as well as MLS® sync for better bug tracing & fixes.
- MLS® photo fetch module overhauled & implemented on Vancouver Island RETS feed first.
- Beginning of code improvements to prepare for PHP version upgrades on our entire infrastructure (planned for 2023).
- Listings given ability to have a custom name/title rather than just the address.
- Vancouver MLS® RETS module upgraded to use newest connection protocol as per improving server security standards – TLS 2.0 implemented for Paragon Database access and PHP dependencies upgraded to latest versions.
What Do These Software Upgrades Mean For Realtors®?
Our ultimate goal is to help our real estate professionals attract more business. Websites that look great, convey concise information, and index better on Google lead to building more engagement & trust.
Continuous focus on presale & building farming for our agents
Combining our proprietary & robust MLS® IDX cloud with our building/presale showcase module, we are able to deliver some of the best solutions to Realtors® who wish to farm condo/townhome developments (existing builds or presales).
For Those Who Need (and Deserve) more than a Generic WordPress Website
Unlike low-tier websites built on WordPress (open source & free, with plugins from developers worldwide) our code is built & maintained entirely for the real estate segment. This dedication to real estate on our proprietary system is what makes Brixwork a choice for the most demanding Realtors®. You can read more on how Brixwork differs from WordPress. Not only do we deliver more tailored looks, but also far better functionality under the hood for real estate professionals.
Don’t Spend Time Wrestling With The Website Layout – Promote Your Brand Instead!
Our back-end was developed for real estate only, making it easier for Realtors® to quickly manage listings & photos. Our built-in SEO & Social Media showcase tools allow you spend more time promoting your listings & brand, not on fixing the layout of your website.
-Jeff Kee & The Development Team