Brixwork Real Estate Marketing provides boutique marketing services for the real estate industry in Canada & USA. We are a small team expanding quickly and are looking to fill a position for an entry-level Junior Web-Developer with some basic knowledge in Search Engines & SEO, Social Media & Link Propagation, and of course, a great zest to learn & develop their skills further.
The chosen candidate must be a first-term co-op applicant with studies in the related fields (web development, software development or front-end/UI design), and will be part of a pilot program for a slightly different website & marketing angle.
This position has potential for a full-time web developer & SEO engineer position, so students in their final year of study looking for full time employment in the long term will be given a preferential treatment.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- Great handle of written & spoken English, punctuation
- HTML Tag Structure and basic understanding
- Basics of CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
- Google & Keywords
- A good sense of mathematics, graphs & charts, metrics etc.
- Social Media & Sharing Environment
The preferred candidates will have the following traits:
- A zeal for achieving numbers, targets & goals
- Take instructions well from senior / superior team members, and be open to learning
- Be resourceful and quick thinking to solve problems
- Know when to ask a question, and when to do a Google search
- Efficiency driven and utilitarian
- Respect for data security, privacy & security
The Work, Location & Details:
- You will be working out of our Gastown studio with all equipment provided. Bring your great attitude (and a packed lunch, or explore some great lunch spots around us)
- You will be working Tuesday-Saturday, 8 hours a day with a 0.5 hour lunch break (75 hours pay per 2 week pay period), 9AM~5PM
- Your co-op pay will be $13/hr for the 4 months duration
- You will start as early as next week (May 9th), if not even earlier depending on how well the interview goes
- You will be part of a team of 6 people, and will be working closely with 2 of the teammates as we nurture & train you
Candidates MUST be (for legal and other reasons):
- A Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident with no working restrictions (Working/Student Visas do not qualify)
- Free of criminal history
- Enrolled in a post-secondary school in BC recognized by the BCIC
How To Apply:
Write an email to info at brixwork dot com (you can also find this email address on our website, www.brixwork.com) with the following conditions met:
- The email subject must contain “Co-Op Web Developer Position”
- Attach your resume
- Attach a cover letter, or write in your email, detail what you want to learn, achieve & work on after graduation.
- Attach examples of your work, either live on a website, or code snippets.
- Don’t phone us, please. We’re busy as it is with client phone calls. We will review your resume on our own time and get back to you when we are ready.