Brixwork Real Estate Marketing provides boutique marketing services for the real estate industry in Canada & USA. We are a small team expanding quickly and are looking to fill a position for an intermediate HTML/CSS/JS/PHP coder who can handle composing websites based on the Brixwork real estate back-end.
Learn Skills, Make Some Cash, Potentially Land A Job!
This is a paid internship during which you will learn valuable skills (depending on your skills, pay will be negotiated and reviewed each month) in web design & coding, working with the graphic department & clients, as well as troubleshoot the most common yet important issues.
We are looking for a new web designer with basic HTML/CSS skills and a great pair of eyes for detail. The chosen candidate will be working out of our Gastown studio in Downtown Vancouver. No foreign contractors need apply, we have a very strict policy of our entire workforce operating out of our headquarters in Vancouver.
The ideal candidate will have basic school education, or training, or self-taught experience shown through a portfolio of the following skill sets:
- Photoshop file to HTML/CSS conversion
May 19th 2014 – Aug 8th 2014 (12 weeks), Full Time Hours (Monday – Friday 9-5pm, 8-4pm during July & August)
Candidates with experience with the following skills that are considered; more recent & relevant will be preferred:
- jQuery & jQueryUI
- CSS Wireframes such as Skeleton, Boilerplate etc.
- CSS3 Transitions & Animations
- Understanding UI requirements based on Photoshop drafts
- Work environment in a cloud
- Mac OSX environment
The personality traits our team is looking for in regards to this position:
- Focused and dedicated
- Problem-solver with determination
- Efficiency driven mindset
- Respect for data & website security with attention to detail
- Not afraid of learning new techniques, experiments and enhancements
The following skills would help, although not mandatory:
- PHP Skills
- MySQL database manipulation using PHP
- AJAX combinations using advanced jQuery & secured PHP back-end
- MySQL database administration experience
How To Apply:
Write an email to info at Brixwork dot com (you can also find this email address on our website, www.brixwork.com) with the following conditions met:
- The email subject must contain “Web Design Intern Position”
- Attach your resume or academic history
- Attach a cover letter, or write in your email, explaining why you want to learn more about web design.
- Attach examples of your work, either live on a website, or code snippets.
- Don’t phone us, please. We’re busy as it is with client phone calls. We will review your resume on our own time and get back to you when we are ready.