Hiring A Front-End Web Developer & Technical Support Agent
We pride ourselves in providing thoughtfully and carefully crafted websites for real estate professionals across North America. If you take pride in craftsmanship and finesse, feel motivated to find efficient and intelligent methods, and wish to further your career and education in a dynamic SaaS + Boutique Agency hybrid environment, this is for you.
The chosen candidate will be working out of our Gastown studio in Downtown Vancouver. Foreign contractors need not apply as we have a very strict policy of our entire workforce operating out of our Vancouver Headquarters. This is a full-time position, with a minimum of 37.5 hours per week of work.
Our website system is a blend of a SaaS-based platform with a very customizable front-end structure, and utilizes the AWS (Amazon Web Services) as part of its infrastructure. This is a great opportunity for those who wish to gain a deeper understanding of custom CMS management, teamwork with designers & communicators, as well as client care & management.
Your Skills, Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 months of experience with the following basic web development languages & skillsets (not necessarily through a previous job, but as a personal hobby or studies is also fine. In other words, you do not have work experience but have relevant education or other experiences, we may still consider you).
- CSS & SASS
Whilst possession of any of the below skills are not mandatory for your success in the role, they will be considered an asset:
- jQuery & jQueryUI
- CSS Wireframes such as Bootstrap, Skeleton, Boilerplate etc.
- CSS3 Transitions & Animations
- AJAX combinations using advanced jQuery & secured PHP back-end
- MySQL database administration experience
- Experience in Sketch (Similar to Adobe XD)
- Work environment in a cloud (Dropbox & Google Drive)
- Mac OSX environment
- Amazon Web Services
The personality traits our team is looking for in regards to this position:
- Able to follow established procedures & structures
- Focused and dedicated
- Aware of timelines, multiple-project pipelines, and deadlines
- Problem-solver with determination
- Attention to detail & user experience
- Ability to tailor details to each client
- Efficiency-driven mindset
- Respect for data & website security with attention to detail
- Not afraid of learning new techniques, experiments and enhancements