Brixwork is looking for a talented graphic designer to join our fun & dynamic team that is constantly growing.
Hiring A Production Line Graphic Designer
- Unique opportunity to join a growing team that has been in operation for many years, with many more to come.
- Work in our Gastown office at your own workstation with a 27″ iMac and an external monitor and your own L-shaped workstation.
- As much tea, coffee, yogurt and chocolate milk to fill your stomach and heart.
- Learn to work in a team environment with your project lead, your coders/developers, content administrators, as well as some client interaction.
Brixwork Real Estate Marketing provides boutique marketing services for the real estate industry in both Canada and the USA. During a time of unprecedented growth, we are now looking for an additional Graphic Designer join the Brixwork team. This role would suit someone with a passion for creating elegant, simple and beautiful designs on digital media as well as printed media, whilst maintaining strong attention to detail and keeping deadlines/timelines in mind.
The chosen candidate will be working out of our Gastown studio in Downtown Vancouver. Foreign contractors need not apply as we have a very strict policy of our entire workforce operating out of our Vancouver Headquarters. This is a full-time position, with a minimum 37.5 hours per week of work.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- InDesign & Illustrator skills
- Photoshop Skills
- Comfortable On Mac OSX
- Knowledge of typography
- Knowledge of colour spaces (CMYK, RGB & Pantone)
- Experience in print production for digital & offset presses
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year in design school or equivalent self-obtained education.
- Preferred international design experience & taste (not just Canada/Domestic) as we serve an international audience.
- Good handle of English & clear communication skills.
- Preferred 1 year in any type of customer service or administrative/office experience.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
- Attention to detail & good review skills
- Able to work in a team environment and under pressures of deadlines.
- Good organization skills to keep track of multiple projects.
- Willingness to learn & progress with new skills and techniques.
- Solid work ethics, and able to work without supervision.
What We Are Offering
- Full time employment in a dynamic, fast-paced team!
- $16/hr probation wage for first 3 months, then up to $19/hr and Benefits.
- Periodic review of performance & salary (3~6 month period, typically)
- Opportunity to learn & grow in a Vancouver-based start-up with years of operation history.
- Free Coffee & Lattes all day long.
- iMac + multiple monitors workstation provided.
How To Apply
If this role sounds like you, please submit an emailed application to jeff (firstname.lastname@example.org). Things to include:
- Resume & Brief Cover letter
- The email subject must contain “Production Line Graphic Designer – ”.
- Do not phone – if you call us, you will automatically be disqualified.
- Graphic Portfolio: include at least one raw InDesign and one raw Illustrator file for inspection.
Your Future Co-Workers (8 + you!):
4 other Web Developer/Coders to share tasks with, bounce ideas off of, and learn from.
1 other Graphic Designer who will set the visuals and direction of your products.
1 SEO/Blog Writer & Tech Support and Content Manager for you to help out.
1 Administrator who handles customer inquiries, invoices & payments that you will communicate with.
1 CEO that oversees the operations, back-end software development & architecture, and some project management.