Recently one of our Realtors® asked us an interesting question – how do I combine multiple PDF documents into one neat PDF? There are times when you want to combine your introduction letter, the marketing plans, an assessment, your brochures, newspaper ad template etc. into one chunk – whether it’s for acquiring that new listing, or to send reports of an open house, or really any other purpose, this can be an easy way to send documents to your clients without attaching too many PDFs into one. Less files: less confusion, and easier file management!
So, how do we achieve this? There are many ways, but let’s look at the most accessible ways first.
Convert PDFs online
This is by far the easiest and cheapest way to achieve this. There are many sites you can use:
- www.pdfmerge.com – it provides the service free for up to 15MBs, which should be plenty for most situations. When using this one, ignore the red “Download Now” button (unless you want to pay for a desktop software to install, which is not what we recommend).
- www.ilovepdf.com/merge_pdf – Up to 10 PDF files, maximum 80MBs means a larger limit. The upload/download speed on this website was much better than the one above. So far ILovePDF is the winner on our books!
Use a Desktop Software
Frankly we do not recommend this – more and more software is going in the direction of web-based services, and cluttering your computer with more programs is not necessary. That being said, when we combine PDFs in-house, we use Adobe Acrobat Pro – it’s not a free software, but it is extremely powerful. The functionalities go way beyond simply combining PDFs.
Adobe Acrobat Pro allows you to:
- Create PDF forms that can collect data
- Include multimedia (pictures, videos) from multiple sources into the PDF
- Sign PDFs
- And more!
Acrobat Pro is available for both Windows and Mac OSX. However, the price tag is not exactly low.
- The trends in web standards is going towards the direction of eliminating Flash™ as a mainstream web design element. This is because Flash™ is not a web-standard language like HTML or CSS – it’s a 3rd party plug-in. The World Wide Web is moving towards the direction of not relying on plug-ins – browsers by themselves are fully capable of the things we need.
- This is why the innovators at Apple decided to stop supporting Flash on their mobile devices (iPhones and iPads) several years ago. Our websites are fully compatible with these mobile devices without restriction.
- Flash™ content is not readable by robots from Google or other search engines, reducing your SEO performance. To alleviate this, designers often use raw HTML layers behind the Flash™ piece; but this is more time consuming and expensive.
October 29, 2020
Custom content pages are a gold-mine for Google™ and even better you can curate the pages to your audience and entice readers to stay longer. Take a peek at what the 3 key benefits of community pages are.
November 12, 2020
Join our team to create beautiful visuals in one of the most active niches in Canada - marketing real estate. We are a boutique firm with in-house design only.
September 18, 2020
Good design, consistency and originality on Instagram posts will help you create an impressive feed that will outshine all of the other thousands of Real Estate professionals. Check out the do's and don'ts for Instagram!
July 15, 2020
Modern business requires modern tools. Here are a list of critical cloud software & apps that every real estate professional can use to increase efficiency & close more deals.
April 14, 2020
There is increased online presence & brand awareness for real estate during COVID-19 crisis. Check out great ways to increase your website engagement here!
September 17, 2019
July 15, 2019
Hello Edmonton! Brixwork has completed the integration of the EREB MLS® IDX (Reciprocity) system. We are bringing our beautiful website templates with great search engine & social media performance to Edmonton real estate agents! Take a look through our website design options!
June 6, 2019
Brixwork has been providing project marketing services for new builds for years. As demand for more new boutique townhome/condo projects increases, so does the need for higher-level project marketing. No matter how big or small, your project deserves a proper brand presence that'll set you apart from the rest.
May 7, 2019
High performance teams and boutique brokerages need the best online image possible. Brixwork combines functional features and exceptional visuals to create custom website designs built to stand out!
April 11, 2019
There are more real estate website platforms than ever before in the marketplace. Choosing the right platform for your business is critical to meet your business goals and be efficient with your time. Let’s compare how WordPress vs Brixwork works for Realtors® and their websites.
February 20, 2019
Is your website getting the numbers you want? Our bold designs are proven to give your website results by improving 3 key on-site metrics. Don’t settle for a cookie-cutter design like every Realtor®.
January 8, 2019
It’s hard to predict the real estate market. The last downturn saw 1/3 of Realtors® hang their licenses and walk away. What’s your next move?