Brixwork Real Estate Marketing provides boutique marketing services for the real estate industry in Canada & USA. We are a small team expanding quickly and are looking to fill a position for an entry-level Junior Web-Developer with some basic knowledge in Search Engines & SEO, Social Media & Link Propagation, and of course, a great zest to learn & develop their skills further.
The chosen candidate must be a first-term co-op applicant with studies in the related fields (web development, software development or front-end/UI design), and will be part of a pilot program for a slightly different website & marketing angle.
This position has potential for a full-time web developer & SEO engineer position, so students in their final year of study looking for full time employment in the long term will be given a preferential treatment.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- Great handle of written & spoken English, punctuation
- HTML Tag Structure and basic understanding
- Basics of CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
- Google & Keywords
- A good sense of mathematics, graphs & charts, metrics etc.
- Social Media & Sharing Environment
The preferred candidates will have the following traits:
- A zeal for achieving numbers, targets & goals
- Take instructions well from senior / superior team members, and be open to learning
- Be resourceful and quick thinking to solve problems
- Know when to ask a question, and when to do a Google search
- Efficiency driven and utilitarian
- Respect for data security, privacy & security
The Work, Location & Details:
- You will be working out of our Gastown studio with all equipment provided. Bring your great attitude (and a packed lunch, or explore some great lunch spots around us)
- You will be working Tuesday-Saturday, 8 hours a day with a 0.5 hour lunch break (75 hours pay per 2 week pay period), 9AM~5PM
- Your co-op pay will be $13/hr for the 4 months duration
- You will start as early as next week (May 9th), if not even earlier depending on how well the interview goes
- You will be part of a team of 6 people, and will be working closely with 2 of the teammates as we nurture & train you
Candidates MUST be (for legal and other reasons):
- A Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident with no working restrictions (Working/Student Visas do not qualify)
- Free of criminal history
- Enrolled in a post-secondary school in BC recognized by the BCIC
How To Apply:
Write an email to info at brixwork dot com (you can also find this email address on our website, www.brixwork.com) with the following conditions met:
- The email subject must contain “Co-Op Web Developer Position”
- Attach your resume
- Attach a cover letter, or write in your email, detail what you want to learn, achieve & work on after graduation.
- Attach examples of your work, either live on a website, or code snippets.
- Don’t phone us, please. We’re busy as it is with client phone calls. We will review your resume on our own time and get back to you when we are ready.
The position has been filled. Thank you for your applications.
Brixwork is looking for a junior graphic designer to handle the day-to-day tasks of handling listing feature sheets, print media & email newsletters for our Realtor® clients. You will be in charge of placing photos & data of properties, setting up Mailchimp newsletters, business card/folder/presentation layouts, and some social media management.
Junior Graphic Designer
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- InDesign & Illustrator skills
- Photoshop Skills
- Comfortable On Macs
- Knowledge of typography.
- Knowledge of colour spaces (CMYK, RGB & Pantone).
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year in design school or equivalent self-obtained education.
- Preferred 1 year in any type of customer service or administrative/office experience.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
- Attention to detail & proof reading data.
- Good handle of English & clear communication skills.
- Able to work in a team environment and under pressures of deadlines.
- Good organization skills to keep track of multiple projects.
- Willingness to learn & progress with new skills and techniques.
- Work ethics, and able to work without supervision.
What We Are Offering
- Part time hours to start (2~3 days a week, Mon/Tue/Wed)
- $12/hr probation wage for first 2 months, then up to $14/hr.
- Opportunity to grow to a full time position.
- Opportunity to learn & grow in a Vancouver-based start-up with years of operation history.
- Free Coffee & Lattes all day long.
- iMac workstation provided.
How To Apply
Email only please – to Jeff Kee (email@example.com). Things to include:
- Resume & Brief Cover letter
- Email subject including “Junior Graphic Designer Position”
- Graphic Portfolio: include at least one raw InDesign and one raw Illustrator file for inspection.
January 19, 2021
Brand compliance doesn't mean you cannot stand out from the crowd. Take a look at these gems for Century 21 brokerages & agents across Canada!
October 29, 2020
Custom content pages are a gold-mine for Google™ and even better you can curate the pages to your audience and entice readers to stay longer. Take a peek at what the 3 key benefits of community pages are.
November 12, 2020
Join our team to create beautiful visuals in one of the most active niches in Canada - marketing real estate. We are a boutique firm with in-house design only.
September 18, 2020
Good design, consistency and originality on Instagram posts will help you create an impressive feed that will outshine all of the other thousands of Real Estate professionals. Check out the do's and don'ts for Instagram!
July 15, 2020
Modern business requires modern tools. Here are a list of critical cloud software & apps that every real estate professional can use to increase efficiency & close more deals.
April 14, 2020
There is increased online presence & brand awareness for real estate during COVID-19 crisis. Check out great ways to increase your website engagement here!
September 17, 2019
July 15, 2019
Hello Edmonton! Brixwork has completed the integration of the EREB MLS® IDX (Reciprocity) system. We are bringing our beautiful website templates with great search engine & social media performance to Edmonton real estate agents! Take a look through our website design options!
June 6, 2019
Brixwork has been providing project marketing services for new builds for years. As demand for more new boutique townhome/condo projects increases, so does the need for higher-level project marketing. No matter how big or small, your project deserves a proper brand presence that'll set you apart from the rest.
May 7, 2019
High performance teams and boutique brokerages need the best online image possible. Brixwork combines functional features and exceptional visuals to create custom website designs built to stand out!
April 11, 2019
There are more real estate website platforms than ever before in the marketplace. Choosing the right platform for your business is critical to meet your business goals and be efficient with your time. Let’s compare how WordPress vs Brixwork works for Realtors® and their websites.
February 20, 2019
Is your website getting the numbers you want? Our bold designs are proven to give your website results by improving 3 key on-site metrics. Don’t settle for a cookie-cutter design like every Realtor®.