This morning Brixwork Real Estate Marketing Inc. version 4.04 was released with numerous new bug fixes and some new features.
4.04 Release Notes (February 20th, 2015)
- When featuring MLS® listings, the screen would freeze after processing. This has been resolved.
- Menu labels on the new navigation system glitch fixed (only applicable to sites set up after February 2015)
- Maps within the Homes & Buildings sections no longer affected by mouse scroll or screen swipe.
- You can choose whether the street direction come before or after the street name. In Vancouver, “W 4th Avenue” is common, whereas in Calgary “3rd Street SW” is more common. This default can be set on a site-wide basis, and can be set on each individual property so it can be overridden on a case-by-case as well.
- Instagram feed has been updated as per slight security changes on the Instagram servers which was blocking our API calls.
Future Development Plans Coming Up
The Brixwork system is a forever evolving platform. We don’t charge a subscription fee just out of formality – the funds our clients pay goes towards betterment of the system as a whole for the benefit of all our clients against their competition outside.
- Dashboard to include more insights, potentially directly integrating Google Analytics into the page.
- Duplicate building module detection mechanism.
- MLS Search forms updated with slide-out or in mechanisms.
- More (yes, even more) upgrades pertaining to URL controls for SEO purposes.
- LinkedIN share buttons made universal.
We are excited beyond anything to announce that the new version 4.0 of Brixwork is under development. It actually has been for several weeks now, and this is our first official release on the status of development.
The overall direction of the new and improved version is to make the back-end much easier to use with a brand new user interface, while making it more accessible from mobile devices. There are functionality improvements too, of course.
What this means for our real estate website clients:
All of our clients who are subscribed to our services will receive this upgrade when it rolls out, which is forecasted to be before the end of the year. This will give you a much easier to use, and more mobile-accessible back-end from which you can manage your website & listings, but also quickly glance at your listing data while you’re on the go, or perform a quick MLS® search.
[col8 animation_type=”none” align_content=”default”]
Features Already Coded, Implemented & Tested
- New mobile-first visual framework
- Login by email rather than username
- Password recovery by email
- Mobile friendly morph navigation
- Quicker login mechanism
Some upcoming Features Planned (these are not all!)
- Level-based login to restrict users from certain sections for security.
- Better pages & subpages display.
- Easier MLS® import modules.
- Manual photo-import from the MLS® for pre-existing listings.
- Basic Google Analytics data integrated.
We have been conducting user surveys, direct interviews with some clients who came into our office, as well as staff meetings to find ways to make the back-end more user-friendly, intuitive, and overall a pleasure to use.
Do you have any feedback, ideas or complaints? Leave it in the comments below!
We are rolling out an update to the Brixwork core system later tonight, version 3.9.6, which includes numerous improvements, bug fixes as well as improvements in the MLS® search functionalities. This round of updates have a heavy focus on functionalities on the internal side, as well as improving our MLS® listings filtering function which will lead to better targeted SEO results on Google™.
MLS® Search Function Improvements
- Added function to allow for minimum bedrooms, and fixed bedroom numbers. Traditionally users were only able to use 1+, or 2+ bedrooms for minimum settings. Now we are able to provide solid “1 Bedroom Condos in Vancouver” or similar results.
- Able to search listings by listed date (custom function that is setup on a site-by-site basis, not a default function on search yet).
Some bug fixes:
- Page deletion mechanism fixed to avoid empty instance running
- Lot size and Frontage size calculation was off for REBGV data (they changed the unit increments).
- Home retrieval function returns boolean on lack of property ID in database (useful for coders to determine whether home exists or not by simply returning the boolean)
- Semi-transparent image rendering improved on Firefox, Opera, Safari & Chrome
- Condo storeys class added, previously only accessible through the data array ($home->story, the database was set up without the “e” so we have to live with the minor typo, as we cannot overhaul all existing sites).
- Lead forms are able to send to multiple emails in an array (useful for partnerships or groups)
- URL fix for Facebook shares when Facebook converts space/semicolon characters to ASCII
- Google Analytics code update to enable demographic data scraping.
- Default gallery image size increased to 2400 pixels in light of larger monitors becoming standard (existing sites may need manual adjustment).
- Added default animate-fade-in elements that can be easily applied for a smoother & more interactive user experience.
Future Updates Planned
Here at Brixwork we are committed to continuously upgrade our system and software to keep up with the demand of changing technology. Here’s more items we have on the roadmap:
- Hourly sync of same-day listings only
- Instagram feed into your websites
- User interface changes throughout
How We Got There
Years ago, we took the step to integrate our servers to the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver MLS (REBGV) to launch one of the finest real estate websites & marketing services for our clients in Vancouver. Since then, we have since expanded our territory to five other Canadian regions—WLS (Whistler Listing System), KADREA (Kamloops & District Real Estate Association), RAHB (Real Estate Association of Hamilton and Burlington), FMRA (Fort McMurray Real Estate Association), and, most recently, TREB (Toronto Real Estate Board). And we cannot forget about our one USA territory, CBOR (Columbia Missouri Board of Realtors) integration that was done a few months ago.
We have had overwhelming support from real estate agent clients from all around the country, and we have finally taken one big step forward towards the Eastern Canadian region…
Toronto, now our sixth Canadian region, has been connected to Brixwork via MLS® RETS integration to bring you the best listing search & display results for our clients in Toronto. With special thanks to the lovely staff at TREB, we are now officially launching our services in Toronto, Ontario.
Our CEO Jeff Kee will be making a business trip to Toronto between September 3rd ~ 12th (2013) with meetings set up with some agents & brokerages. If you wish to have a private consultation, please fill out our contact form and he will do his best to make it happen.
6 Benefits Of The TREB MLS® Integration via RETS
Here are some of the Benefits that our Toronto Real Estate Agents, and their clients, can now take advantage of via Brixwork Real Estate Marketing:
Benefits to Real Estate Agent
- More fully branded search tools and pages for clients to use
- Effectively define your niche area through pre-defined listing pages
- Easy to share listing search results and detail pages by email, social media etc.
Benefits to Customers
- Map based or list-based option to easily search for listings
- Easily save search results which auto update any new listings upon future visits
- Easy to share listing search results and detail pages by email, social media etc.
If you are interested in learning more, please take a look at the MLS Integration Page on our website.
We are announcing two new exciting developments today. BRIXWORK version 3.8.6 has been released today (March 18th) and will spread through our clients’ websites later today or tomorrow morning, depending on your locale. We have also acquired an office lease in Yaletown Vancouver and just moved in as of yesterday (March 17th), and hired a new part time staff, Elisabeth, who will be assisting with data entry, administrative tasks and more. Our space will allow us to work with more efficiency and handle the volume of business better. We have experienced a fair bit of growth in the past few months thanks to your loyalty!
New 3.8.6 version Upgrade Notes
SEO Upgrade on Listing Search Pages
SEO tricks are a trade secret of ours so we won’t divulge on the details here, but we made some upgrades that will definitely increase the odds of your listing pages (both your own listings and MLS® listings) being picked up by Google.
User Interface Errors Addressed
HOMES screen pagination bug
We had an issue where the HOMES screen would display one less page (i.e. when you need 6 pages of 20 listings per, it only showed 1 2 3 4 5), and that has been resolved. This was in fact discovered by our new staff, Elisabeth.
Page content editor module fixed & upgraded
The page content editor that looks a lot like a wordprocessor has been upgraded to a newer version with more stability and bug fixes. We also had an internal bug that was disallowing pasting on certain editing screens depending on the browser you were using. That will be resolved also with the propagation of this upgrade.
Listing Retrieval Mechanisms Being Upgraded
Listing retrieval mechanisms are being upgraded. While this upgrade is not taking effect on all websites immediately, this is a phased upgrade that we are planning, and testing on small scales on select websites. This upgrade will take effect on the next upgrade, and will make your listing pages more stable and streamlined.
Our New Office in Yaletown
We have finalized a lease for a new office in Yaletown, Vancouver. Our new office is located at 1080 Mainland Street, Vancouver BC. Drop by for a visit anytime during business hours!
Later today the new version of BRIXWORK, 3.8.5, will be propagating throughout our networks automatically. This version includes several back-end updates to make life easier for our clients, some data field formatting bug fixes, speed improvements, and also very notably, WLS integration upgrades.
Back-End Updates & Bug Fixes
The edit home screen has been updated so that the MLS® number field is on the top of the form, easily accessible. This will be especially helpful when converting an MLS® sourced listing to your OWN listing.
The list of homes that you see when you click the HOMES tab under the Admin section now shows the MLS® # in the list for easy reference. The area/city has been merged into one field so save some screen space.
Our latest project has been a website for a Whistler Real Estate Agent, Nick Harriss (Sotheby’s). This is our first project that involved utilizing the WLS® (Whistler Listing System – the Whistler equivalent to the MLS®) and we are now successfully integrated with the WLS® reciprocity system to get Whistler listings fed into our website systems!
Bug Fixes & Speed Improvements
The home square footages (including the upper/main/lower fields) now display with more precision. The numbers are automatically converted to include the comma at the thousand mark even if you miss it, or if the MLS® data is missing it. For example, “1249” will display as “1,249 sqft”.
We made changes to our cache controller so that your website viewers can load the pages even faster than before.
February 20, 2019
Is your website getting the numbers you want? Our bold designs are proven to give your website results by improving 3 key on-site metrics. Don’t settle for a cookie-cutter design like every Realtor®.
January 8, 2019
It’s hard to predict the real estate market. The last downturn saw 1/3 of Realtors® hang their licenses and walk away. What’s your next move?
January 3, 2019
We are having a baby! We have a maternity leave position opening up to help with office administration and customer support. This is a great entry point into the industry for those who are eager to learn more about digital marketing & cloud web software!
December 18, 2018
Its that time of year again! Make sure you have your graphics ready in time for this holiday season. Chose from a selection of beautiful posting templates for your Real Estate Instagram and Facebook pages for your social media presence to truly stand out.
December 17, 2018
You deserve better than generic, mass-produced, templatized listing presentations or buyers guidebooks. Stand out amongst thousands of competing Realtors®!
November 1, 2018
Our last major upgrade to finalize our move to the AWS cloud has springboarded us for even more enhancements to the Brixwork system, and packs some amazing new features to help our real estate pros gain more business. Learn how helping buyers find suitable listings has never been easier with version 4.45.
October 31, 2018
Showcasing your listings is one of the most important value you provide as a real estate agent. While the listing gallery systems on our templates are great as they are, our custom designed listing gallery icons have many benefits for your Real Estate business results!
October 19, 2018
As the second most used search engine after Google, Youtube offers a variety of opportunities for Realtors® to increase website traffic and generate backlinks to their domain! Don't miss out on the opportunity to make the most of your Youtube Channel with these simple steps.
October 11, 2018
With a 34% increase in traffic, our dedicated SEO campaigns helped Vancouver based real estate website NestPresales.com improve SEO presence and google search traffic within as little as 3 months
September 18, 2018
We are excited to announce that as of September 10th 2018, Brixwork has successfully completed the final stages to fully migrate everything to Amazon Web Services. With your real estate website running on the Amazon Cloud, listing pages & assets are loading faster than ever with better reliability
September 11, 2018
This has been one of the longest awaited features for a more robust & functional MLS® listing search. Many of you may have noticed this upgrade already on your websites if you are on the Main Street or our newest Fairview templates! Searching by street name is now available.
September 10, 2018
Brixwork is proud to announce that our premium templates and custom designed website services are now extended to the Vancouver Island area. With VIREB (Vancouver Island Real Estate Board) and VREB (Victoria Real Estate Board) MLS® Reciprocity, our functional real estate websites are available to real estate agents all across Vancouver Island.