Changes In Pricing
To offer the best-in-class boutique web/print/branding services for our real estate professionals, we are introducing some changes to our services. With expansion of services & hardware facilities as well as operations cost increases, we will be implementing changes in pricing effective on the next billing cycle. As of April 21st (beginning of next cycle) the following rates will apply to our design services:
$90/hr (billed at 15 minute increments, unlike the industry standard of 1 hour or 30 minute increments)
Administrative, or Photo/Data Exchange Only
$36/hr (billed at 30 minute increments)
Mailwalk (Canada Post) set up, packaging & delivery to the outlet (Applicable only to Vancouver customers)
$55 Per Mailwalk up to 1,000 units (not including postage costs owed to Canada Post)
$10 per 500 units additional.
Monthly Subscription Cost changes will be effective as of monthly billing dates of May 21st and after:
Brixwork Website Base: $55 (previously $50)
MLS® Reciprocity Add-On: $25 (no change)
Enable both commercial & residential: $25 (no change)
Enable Rental module: $25 (previously $20)
WordPress Blog: $15 (previously $10)
Full rate sheet is here: https://www.brixwork.com/realtors/our-services/real-estate-website-design/
Facility Upgrades & Expansion
Our production force has grown to double the size since a year ago. In addition to Rebecca & Jovan (Graphic Designer & Web Developer, respectively) we now have Cindy-Lynn (Graphic Designer) and Bruno Fontanella (Web Developer) to help you with your needs. Our office has also been significantly renovated with new computers, new monitors & mounts, and of course more workstations to accommodate the larger workforce.
Q: When was the last price change?
A: 2014 was our last rate change to our labour rates, while monthly fees have remained the same since 2012.
Q: Does the price change have any relation to USD/CAD exchange rate?
A: Partially yes. Costs of computers as well as the web based software we use to keep ourselves organized has gone up due to the weakened Canadian Dollar.
Q: I’ve became a subscriber very recently (less than 6 months ago) so it seems a bit soon to raise my prices, no?
A: While our labour rates will increase for everybody at the same time, we can definitely keep your monthly fees the same for the first six months of your subscription. We need you to email us your domain and the date of your first subscription invoice or the invoice number (if it’s less than 6 months ago) so we can freeze the price until the 6th monthly fee point.
Q: When’s the cut-off for design of marketing material and/or new website customization at the old rate?
A: Any orders placed on or before (confirmed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) April 18th (Monday) can be processed under the current rates, since we operate on a 1 business day turn-around to start on inbound inquiries. Our billing cut-off is April 20th, after which point the new labour rates will become effective.
If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to answer them.
This morning Brixwork Real Estate Marketing Inc. version 4.04 was released with numerous new bug fixes and some new features.
4.04 Release Notes (February 20th, 2015)
- When featuring MLS® listings, the screen would freeze after processing. This has been resolved.
- Menu labels on the new navigation system glitch fixed (only applicable to sites set up after February 2015)
- Maps within the Homes & Buildings sections no longer affected by mouse scroll or screen swipe.
- You can choose whether the street direction come before or after the street name. In Vancouver, “W 4th Avenue” is common, whereas in Calgary “3rd Street SW” is more common. This default can be set on a site-wide basis, and can be set on each individual property so it can be overridden on a case-by-case as well.
- Instagram feed has been updated as per slight security changes on the Instagram servers which was blocking our API calls.
Future Development Plans Coming Up
The Brixwork system is a forever evolving platform. We don’t charge a subscription fee just out of formality – the funds our clients pay goes towards betterment of the system as a whole for the benefit of all our clients against their competition outside.
- Dashboard to include more insights, potentially directly integrating Google Analytics into the page.
- Duplicate building module detection mechanism.
- MLS Search forms updated with slide-out or in mechanisms.
- More (yes, even more) upgrades pertaining to URL controls for SEO purposes.
- LinkedIN share buttons made universal.
We are excited beyond anything to announce that the new version 4.0 of Brixwork is under development. It actually has been for several weeks now, and this is our first official release on the status of development.
The overall direction of the new and improved version is to make the back-end much easier to use with a brand new user interface, while making it more accessible from mobile devices. There are functionality improvements too, of course.
What this means for our real estate website clients:
All of our clients who are subscribed to our services will receive this upgrade when it rolls out, which is forecasted to be before the end of the year. This will give you a much easier to use, and more mobile-accessible back-end from which you can manage your website & listings, but also quickly glance at your listing data while you’re on the go, or perform a quick MLS® search.
[col8 animation_type=”none” align_content=”default”]
Features Already Coded, Implemented & Tested
- New mobile-first visual framework
- Login by email rather than username
- Password recovery by email
- Mobile friendly morph navigation
- Quicker login mechanism
Some upcoming Features Planned (these are not all!)
- Level-based login to restrict users from certain sections for security.
- Better pages & subpages display.
- Easier MLS® import modules.
- Manual photo-import from the MLS® for pre-existing listings.
- Basic Google Analytics data integrated.
We have been conducting user surveys, direct interviews with some clients who came into our office, as well as staff meetings to find ways to make the back-end more user-friendly, intuitive, and overall a pleasure to use.
Do you have any feedback, ideas or complaints? Leave it in the comments below!
We are rolling out an update to the Brixwork core system later tonight, version 3.9.6, which includes numerous improvements, bug fixes as well as improvements in the MLS® search functionalities. This round of updates have a heavy focus on functionalities on the internal side, as well as improving our MLS® listings filtering function which will lead to better targeted SEO results on Google™.
MLS® Search Function Improvements
- Added function to allow for minimum bedrooms, and fixed bedroom numbers. Traditionally users were only able to use 1+, or 2+ bedrooms for minimum settings. Now we are able to provide solid “1 Bedroom Condos in Vancouver” or similar results.
- Able to search listings by listed date (custom function that is setup on a site-by-site basis, not a default function on search yet).
Some bug fixes:
- Page deletion mechanism fixed to avoid empty instance running
- Lot size and Frontage size calculation was off for REBGV data (they changed the unit increments).
- Home retrieval function returns boolean on lack of property ID in database (useful for coders to determine whether home exists or not by simply returning the boolean)
- Semi-transparent image rendering improved on Firefox, Opera, Safari & Chrome
- Condo storeys class added, previously only accessible through the data array ($home->story, the database was set up without the “e” so we have to live with the minor typo, as we cannot overhaul all existing sites).
- Lead forms are able to send to multiple emails in an array (useful for partnerships or groups)
- URL fix for Facebook shares when Facebook converts space/semicolon characters to ASCII
- Google Analytics code update to enable demographic data scraping.
- Default gallery image size increased to 2400 pixels in light of larger monitors becoming standard (existing sites may need manual adjustment).
- Added default animate-fade-in elements that can be easily applied for a smoother & more interactive user experience.
Future Updates Planned
Here at Brixwork we are committed to continuously upgrade our system and software to keep up with the demand of changing technology. Here’s more items we have on the roadmap:
- Hourly sync of same-day listings only
- Instagram feed into your websites
- User interface changes throughout
How We Got There
Years ago, we took the step to integrate our servers to the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver MLS (REBGV) to launch one of the finest real estate websites & marketing services for our clients in Vancouver. Since then, we have since expanded our territory to five other Canadian regions—WLS (Whistler Listing System), KADREA (Kamloops & District Real Estate Association), RAHB (Real Estate Association of Hamilton and Burlington), FMRA (Fort McMurray Real Estate Association), and, most recently, TREB (Toronto Real Estate Board). And we cannot forget about our one USA territory, CBOR (Columbia Missouri Board of Realtors) integration that was done a few months ago.
We have had overwhelming support from real estate agent clients from all around the country, and we have finally taken one big step forward towards the Eastern Canadian region…
Toronto, now our sixth Canadian region, has been connected to Brixwork via MLS® RETS integration to bring you the best listing search & display results for our clients in Toronto. With special thanks to the lovely staff at TREB, we are now officially launching our services in Toronto, Ontario.
Our CEO Jeff Kee will be making a business trip to Toronto between September 3rd ~ 12th (2013) with meetings set up with some agents & brokerages. If you wish to have a private consultation, please fill out our contact form and he will do his best to make it happen.
6 Benefits Of The TREB MLS® Integration via RETS
Here are some of the Benefits that our Toronto Real Estate Agents, and their clients, can now take advantage of via Brixwork Real Estate Marketing:
Benefits to Real Estate Agent
- More fully branded search tools and pages for clients to use
- Effectively define your niche area through pre-defined listing pages
- Easy to share listing search results and detail pages by email, social media etc.
Benefits to Customers
- Map based or list-based option to easily search for listings
- Easily save search results which auto update any new listings upon future visits
- Easy to share listing search results and detail pages by email, social media etc.
If you are interested in learning more, please take a look at the MLS Integration Page on our website.
We are announcing two new exciting developments today. BRIXWORK version 3.8.6 has been released today (March 18th) and will spread through our clients’ websites later today or tomorrow morning, depending on your locale. We have also acquired an office lease in Yaletown Vancouver and just moved in as of yesterday (March 17th), and hired a new part time staff, Elisabeth, who will be assisting with data entry, administrative tasks and more. Our space will allow us to work with more efficiency and handle the volume of business better. We have experienced a fair bit of growth in the past few months thanks to your loyalty!
New 3.8.6 version Upgrade Notes
SEO Upgrade on Listing Search Pages
SEO tricks are a trade secret of ours so we won’t divulge on the details here, but we made some upgrades that will definitely increase the odds of your listing pages (both your own listings and MLS® listings) being picked up by Google.
User Interface Errors Addressed
HOMES screen pagination bug
We had an issue where the HOMES screen would display one less page (i.e. when you need 6 pages of 20 listings per, it only showed 1 2 3 4 5), and that has been resolved. This was in fact discovered by our new staff, Elisabeth.
Page content editor module fixed & upgraded
The page content editor that looks a lot like a wordprocessor has been upgraded to a newer version with more stability and bug fixes. We also had an internal bug that was disallowing pasting on certain editing screens depending on the browser you were using. That will be resolved also with the propagation of this upgrade.
Listing Retrieval Mechanisms Being Upgraded
Listing retrieval mechanisms are being upgraded. While this upgrade is not taking effect on all websites immediately, this is a phased upgrade that we are planning, and testing on small scales on select websites. This upgrade will take effect on the next upgrade, and will make your listing pages more stable and streamlined.
Our New Office in Yaletown
We have finalized a lease for a new office in Yaletown, Vancouver. Our new office is located at 1080 Mainland Street, Vancouver BC. Drop by for a visit anytime during business hours!
July 15, 2019
Hello Edmonton! Brixwork has completed the integration of the EREB MLS® IDX (Reciprocity) system. We are bringing our beautiful website templates with great search engine & social media performance to Edmonton real estate agents! Take a look through our website design options!
June 6, 2019
Brixwork has been providing project marketing services for new builds for years. As demand for more new boutique townhome/condo projects increases, so does the need for higher-level project marketing. No matter how big or small, your project deserves a proper brand presence that'll set you apart from the rest.
May 7, 2019
High performance teams and boutique brokerages need the best online image possible. Brixwork combines functional features and exceptional visuals to create custom website designs built to stand out!
April 11, 2019
There are more real estate website platforms than ever before in the marketplace. Choosing the right platform for your business is critical to meet your business goals and be efficient with your time. Let’s compare how WordPress vs Brixwork works for Realtors® and their websites.
February 20, 2019
Is your website getting the numbers you want? Our bold designs are proven to give your website results by improving 3 key on-site metrics. Don’t settle for a cookie-cutter design like every Realtor®.
August 24, 2021
We are looking for a new teammate to join our wonderful studio in Gastown to help us operate smoothly and handle customer inquiries, accounting/invoice duties as well as some basic project management tasks.
January 8, 2019
It’s hard to predict the real estate market. The last downturn saw 1/3 of Realtors® hang their licenses and walk away. What’s your next move?
January 3, 2019
We are having a baby! We have a maternity leave position opening up to help with office administration and customer support. This is a great entry point into the industry for those who are eager to learn more about digital marketing & cloud web software!
December 18, 2018
Its that time of year again! Make sure you have your graphics ready in time for this holiday season. Chose from a selection of beautiful posting templates for your Real Estate Instagram and Facebook pages for your social media presence to truly stand out.
December 17, 2018
You deserve better than generic, mass-produced, templatized listing presentations or buyers guidebooks. Stand out amongst thousands of competing Realtors®!
November 1, 2018
Our last major upgrade to finalize our move to the AWS cloud has springboarded us for even more enhancements to the Brixwork system, and packs some amazing new features to help our real estate pros gain more business. Learn how helping buyers find suitable listings has never been easier with version 4.45.
October 31, 2018
Showcasing your listings is one of the most important value you provide as a real estate agent. While the listing gallery systems on our templates are great as they are, our custom designed listing gallery icons have many benefits for your Real Estate business results!