Today we are proud to announce the release of Brixwork version 4.1 with many new enhancements, including the usage of the new reCAPTCHA V2 API for human-verification of your email forms to fight spam. Of course, going from version 4.09 to 4.1 involves more than just this upgrade, and we’ll get to those updates later.
Bye Bye to The Old CAPTCHA
It was hard to read, even on a good day, with the best eyes, or the best reading glasses. However, it was the lesser of the two evils we had to choose… Once spam starts to flow through some of our websites, it could have put the entire server under a spam black-list, jeopardizing lead-generation capacities for all of our real estate clients! Having a Google-provisioned solid anti-spam measure was a must.
Hello, reCAPTCHA Version 2.0
The new version makes human-verification much easier, so you can get more leads from your website. In fact, in some instances, based on mouse movement or previous browsing history of a specific machine, often the check can be bypassed altogether! In cases where the machine does not immediately determine that the viewer is safe, it will pop up a simple image-based question like this:
Brixwork version 4.1 also packs many other upgrades culminated over the few months of development, and here is a list:
- Multiple main-images for pages now available (while this won’t affect existing sites, it opens up a whole new realm of possibilities for tight-knit designs with great visual effects)
- Buildings list label sizes fixed.
- Double slashes accidentally added when typing in URLs would pull up wrong pages, and that has been fixed.
- Setting the listing brokerage/office on self-loaded listings is now easier.
- And many other internal fixes to optimize processes and reduce bugs.